In Erich Fromm’s 1956 classic The Art of Loving, he provides some unique insights into the subject of faith that have given me a lot to think about. Fromm did not believe faith is in opposition to reason or rational thinking. On the contrary, he simply made a distinction between rational faith and irrational faith. […]
Latest Updates from RobertRinger.com
Robert's Thoughts & Picks ...
Rather than pursue a potentially great opportunity with someone who repeatedly shows, through his actions, that you’re a low priority with him, you’re almost always better off, in the long run, to deal with people who offer you less opportunity but demonstrate, through their actions, that they consider you to be a top priority. If […]
The World According to Robert
Suffering is for the purpose of arousing you, teaching you, forcing you to use your wits on the problems of your life.
That which you confront you can control; that which you do not confront will control you.
You’re always wrong when you say, “I’ve tried everything.”
God, you’re GOOD!!! Thank you again and always for your precise and insightful comments. … Without trying to “sound corny,” YOU ARE A NATIONAL TREASURE!
I feel like I should call you Robert because, through your books … I feel like I know you personally. I read them all about every two or three years … Just want to say “Thanks”!! for all you have done to help me over the years.
It was so good to see you after having read all your books and admired your philosophy for so long. As I mentioned at the seminar, your work has helped to change my life. I am making much more now than I ever dreamed possible just a few short years ago. Thank you for taking the time and effort to put these together.
I am enjoying hearing Mr. Ringer as much as I have enjoyed and benefited from his books in the past. He’s the best! Thanks again!
You are an inspiration to me! I am always amazed at how I can find answers in your books for so many of life’s little problems! Thank you for sharing your wisdom with the world and affecting my life halfway around the world in South Africa.
Thank you for your ongoing effort to introduce sanity into current affairs. … I have frequently applauded and been slightly awed by your prescience. … Thank you for the contribution you’ve made to making my life a little less troubled.
God has now blessed me with your wisdom on a daily basis. I am so glad you are on the net and speaking the truth every day. With gratitude, yours forever, eager to learn and ‘think for myself’ student.
Thank you for one of the finest Thanksgiving messages that I have found.
Through the teachings and writings of Robert I have managed to go from broke to a seven figure income and continue to grow and prosper — and for that I thank Robert.
I received my book and recording of Robert Ringer’s Classics, Volume I. I loved it and couldn’t put it down. The material was new and fresh to me. Immediately after reading it, I began instituting many of its suggestions into my life and currently feel focused and determined to succeed. … Tell Robert thanks for me. He is truly my greatest personal hero and an example to follow.
You are certainly a gifted writer, and I always enjoy your articles. I find that they normally challenge me to think in ways I haven’t before as well reinforce how much personal responsibility we need to take for our actions.
Wow, Mr. Ringer, this [article] is excellent.
Your book Winning through Intimidation has become my bible!!!…I’ve told so many friends and associates about your book, I’ve lost count.
You will never believe how my brothers, sisters, children and grandchildren have been devouring this book. As my brother…says: ‘This book has been long overdue!’
Why don’t we put aside our personal wisdom for just awhile, and every chance we get, encourage, plead, browbeat, reason with, cajole, whatever it takes to get Ringer to declare [his] presidential candidacy and get on with messages that Americans need to hear.
Thank you, Mr. Ringer. We’ve always loved how you break it all down and keep it real … and make us smile a little in the process.
Thank you for writing the first totally honest, totally realistic book I’ve ever read. I’ve gotta tell you — reading Winning through Intimidation was very much like the first time I discovered what girls were all about: you find yourself getting very excited, and then you look up and say, ‘Hey, wow! where has this been all my life?’…Sheer, thundering dynamite! Please write more.
You’ve opened my eyes to what I didn’t know I needed to know. A hole in my life has been filled with information and encouragement. … I’m so glad you’re a part of my quest for happiness/self-improvement/success/etc.
Winning through Intimidation and Looking Out for #1 have helped me see my life in a whole new perspective….Your two best sellers were virtually the only ‘textbooks’ used for a unit on philosophers in my secondary Nonfiction English classroom. My students were very responsive to your suggestions.
In the late ‘70s, as a young man in my late twenties, one of the many books (paperback) I remember reading was Robert J. Ringer’s Winning Through Intimidation. I’m almost 58 now, but I can still remember some of the principles written in his book. … I read this book like someone sips a great glass of wine.
Robert Ringer Social
In the News...
- Could quarantine policy backfire?CNN | Oct 25 2014
- Isolated woman tests negative for EbolaCNN | Oct 25 2014
- WHO: Number of Ebola cases passes 10,000Yahoo! News | Oct 25 2014
- Google exec makes record skydive from edge of spaceYahoo! News | Oct 25 2014
- Lebanese soldiers, militants clashCNN | Oct 25 2014
- New York Ebola Patient’s Fiancée Shares His AltruismNew York Times | Oct 25 2014
- New York, New Jersey order Ebola quarantinesFox News | Oct 25 2014
- Washington school gunman was homecoming princeYahoo! News | Oct 25 2014
- Motive unclear in Wash. state high school shootingFox News | Oct 25 2014
- Woman executed, killed alleged rapistCNN | Oct 25 2014
- Iran Hangs Woman for Killing Alleged RapistNew York Times | Oct 25 2014
- Iran hangs woman for killing alleged rapistFox News | Oct 25 2014
- Ebola vaccines in the worksCNN | Oct 25 2014
- US probes allegations ISIS used chemical weaponsFox News | Oct 25 2014
- Homecoming prince opens fireCNN | Oct 25 2014
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shootingYahoo! News | Oct 25 2014
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spreeYahoo! News | Oct 25 2014
- Coal mine accident in far west China kills 16: XinhuaReuters | Oct 25 2014
- Car Kills a Girl Outside a Bronx SchoolNew York Times | Oct 25 2014
- Cold War relic that refuses to dieCNN | Oct 25 2014