Some of my readers are absolutely convinced that no matter what happens, no matter what the real vote count is, the criminal left (a.k.a. the radical left) will anoint Horrid Hillary president of the United States. And they could be right, since Obama and his hacks have made it clear that the Constitution and U.S. law are now irrelevant.
Even so, I’m sticking with my long-held belief that the Face of Evil will never become president. While there’s no question that much of the citizenry resides in Watters’ World, I guess I’m still naïve enough to believe that when the People of the Lie go beyond a certain point, the average low-information voter feels like they’re insulting his intelligence.
Whenever I start feeling discouraged by what the clever knaves in Washington get away with, I remind myself of something Thomas Sowell once said. To paraphrase, Sowell opined that the problem with clever people is that there is a tendency to try to continue to be clever long past the point where what they have to lose is much greater than what they have to gain.
Of course, Bubba got caught by his own sperm when Monica Lewinsky brought her infamous blue dress out of the closet. But even after lying to the public by insisting that “I did not have sexual relations with that woman,” when the dress emerged shortly thereafter, he simply put the whole matter to bed (pun intended) with, “Indeed, I did have a relationship with Ms. Lewinsky that was not appropriate.”
End of story. Nothing else to see here. Let’s move on folks. And, indeed, most of the anesthetized public cheered Bubba when he insisted that he intended to serve out every minute of his second term — and, by golly, he did.
But we are now in a new era where even the cleverest scoundrels are no longer believed by a majority of the public when they cross over a subjective moral line in the Washington muck, and that line was clearly crossed when:
- Obama announced that he was endorsing Hillary and would be campaigning with her.
- Bubba then quickly had a private meeting with Lyin’ Loretta Lynch that stunned even loopy liberals.
- James Comey then listed Hillary’s crimes on national television, but shocked the world when he recommended that she not be prosecuted!
- Sultan Barackus then flew the Face of Evil to a campaign event in North Carolina on your dime (Air Force One). That in-your-face antic on his part may have been one thumb in the eye too many.
- Lyin’ Loretta then refused to answer any of Congress’s questions. In effect, the Attorney General of the United States took the Fifth Amendment.
- Finally, the Face of Evil went right back into her high-gear lying mode when asked about James Comey’s revelations about her email crimes. And to this day, she is still repeating the same lies.
Call me gullible, but I believe that if Manafort & Co. keep a tight leash on The Donald, especially now that he has the ultra-creditable Mike Pence as his running mate, he will leap far ahead of Horrid Hillary in the polls following the Republican Convention — and stay far ahead of her throughout the final months of the race.
As I’ve said before, only Donald Trump can defeat Donald Trump. Not to be immodest here, but I truly believe even I could beat Hillary if I were running against her. In fact, I believe you could beat Hillary — and I’ve never even met you! Why? Because she not only is the most flawed and despised candidate in my lifetime, she is, unlike Bubba, also the worst liar on the planet. She’s still trying to be clever and, a la Thomas Sowell, the more she tries, the more it’s working against her.
Of course, the real problem for the Face of Evil is that vast right-wing conspiracy that just won’t stop picking on her. Poor little thing … just can’t seem to catch a break.